Re: Possible Intrusion Attempt?

From: Thomas Zimmerman (thomasat_private)
Date: Sun May 25 2003 - 22:38:13 PDT

    On Fri, 23 May 2003 14:34:14 -0400
    "Rob Shein" <shotenat_private> wrote:

    > I'm a little fuzzy about this part...how do you prevent people from
    > accepting HTML mail, and considering how many mail clients out there
    > send it by default, what do you do when all of a sudden a large
    > percentage of people can't email you anymore?

    mimeDefang? Render to text any and all html mail? Add checks to
    SpamAssassin (which destroys html mail when flagged as spam) ... There
    are any number of ways to remove[1] html and just get content.

    The real question is, will users stand for the loss[2] of html email.

    Thomas

    [1] Well, just not render in a meaning full way.
    [2] will they notice at all. Sometimes they don't.