RE: Are they back? (was Re: Scans from proxyprotector.com)

From: jlewisat_private
Date: Tue May 27 2003 - 19:55:24 PDT

    On Tue, 27 May 2003, Mark Ng wrote:

    > It may or may not be the same people - as someone said before, the most
    > likely reason for these scans is proxies to send spam from.  I hardly would
    > imagine that there are only one group of people performing this type of
    > scanning.

    There definitely are multiple groups (some of which are actually
    distributed collaborative efforts) looking for open proxies...some to
    generate lists of them to abuse or sell to others to abuse, others in
    order to know which IPs they don't want to receive mail from.

     Jon Lewis *jlewisat_private*|  I route
     Atlantic Net                |