Weird Traffic from www.eyeblaster-bs.com

From: Jeremy Junginger (jjat_private)
Date: Thu May 29 2003 - 14:44:59 PDT

    Good Afternoon,

    I am seeing some strange traffic from www.eyeblaster-bs.com on both
    network and host based IDS.  More specifically, I'm seeing TCP port 80
    (http) traffic from multiple internal clients to
    http://www.eyeblaster-bs.com/BurstingPipe and
    http://www.eyeblastrer-bs.com/BurstingPipe.asp?param=% .  So far, it
    looks like normal surfing....well...almost.  The strange thing is that I
    have seen traffic that appears to be sourced from this server to clients
    (dest port 80) on the Internal Network (which should be relatively
    protected as they use Port Address Translation, not to mention that port
    80 is not allowed to those client machines).  I've seen this URL
    mentioned on several usage reports, but have not seen any explanations
    about what it is.  Let me know what you think.

    Here are some of the other networks that have seen traffic TO this
    server:
    http://www.olc.edu/~bbump/usage/ns1/7th/url_200211.html
    http://network.ci.seekonk.ma.us/WebUsage/Library/url_200212.html
    http://www.bsafehome.com/historyreport.asp

    -Jeremy

    These are not the packets you're looking for...You can go about your
    business.....Move along....
    :-)