RE: Weird Traffic from www.eyeblaster-bs.com

From: Cushing, David (David.Cushingat_private)
Date: Fri May 30 2003 - 08:39:28 PDT

    Can't explain your traffic, but your description doesn't sit quite right.  Did you really see a Syn to internal port 80 from these folks?  Or did you just see traffic with port 80 as a destination?  A client can use port 80 to initiate a connection.  I'm betting that's all you saw.  Logs?

    Eyeblaster is an ad server...
    http://www.eyeblaster.com/WebSite/default.htm

    I guess bs (in this case) stands for Burst Server.

    From google:
    http://www.ufoot.org/misc/plague/ads.php3
    http://ssmedia.com/Utilities/hosts/

    Doesn't sound like something to get worked up over.  Why not block them and save your users a few ads, heh heh.

    -David