Re: strange cmd.exe access

From: H Carvey (keydet89at_private)
Date: Fri May 30 2003 - 15:45:26 PDT

    >what is strange is that the cmd.exe / root.exe stuff is
    > half way through with some other code before it

    It doesn't look at all as if you received an HTTP
    request, but as if some code was sent to port 80.

    >the ip it hit was not mapped to anything ( I believe it
    > is unused) so this can not have been part of another
    > tcp converstion

    This doesn't make any sense...it has to be mapped to
    something, to a live machine.  If it wasn't, how could
    the three-stage TCP handshake have been completed?

    As someone else mentioned, it may be a follow-on packet
    to Code Red.  Have you gone to this machine and checked
    the logs?

    Harlan