RE: File on desktop called "~"

From: David McBeth [VMACS] (dwmcbethat_private)
Date: Fri Jun 13 2003 - 11:41:38 PDT

    I also experienced this problem, and learned from a MS Usenet newsgroup that
    it is a bug in the latest Outlook Express update, when you add a new contact
    to the address book it makes a backup of your address book which is the file
    on the desktop. MS says that it is safe to delete if you don't want it
    there. Supposedly when you open the file in a text editor you can see your
    address book. It was created on my desktop after running the Outlook express
    newsreader. Some others reported having it created on the root of their C:
    drive. Hope this helps.

    Dave