RE: [Full-Disclosure] Re: Cisco IOS Denial of Service that affects most Cisco IOS routers- requires power cycle to recover

From: Curt Purdy (purdyat_private)
Date: Tue Jul 22 2003 - 12:45:42 PDT

    If the packet expires in transit i.e. ttl 1 to router 2 hops away means it
    never gets to that router.  Not possible to fill a queue with a packet that
    is dropped by the previous router. Check out "Internet Core Protocols" at
    Oreilly.

    Curt Purdy CISSP, GSEC, MCSE+I, CNE, CCDA
    Information Security Engineer
    DP Solutions
    cpurdyat_private
    936.637.7977 ext. 121

    If you spend more on coffee than on IT security, you will be hacked.
    What's more, you deserve to be hacked.
    -- White House cybersecurity adviser Richard Clarke