RE: [Full-Disclosure] Re: Cisco IOS Denial of Service that affects most Cisco IOS routers- requires power cycle to recover

From: Cedric Blancher (blancher@cartel-securite.fr)
Date: Wed Jul 23 2003 - 23:49:32 PDT

  • Next message: lee.e.rianat_private: "RE: [Full-Disclosure] Re: Cisco IOS Denial of Service that affects most Cisco IOS routers- requires power cycle to recover"

    Le mer 23/07/2003 à 19:43, lee.e.rianat_private a écrit :
    > So... has anyone been able to verify that the problem occurs when the TTL
    > expires without the packet being addressed to the router?  Or is it a
    > requirement that the evil packet be addressed to the router?

    I checked this and it appears packets have to be addressed to target
    router. Transit evil packets which TTL would expire on a router won't
    affect it.

    My tests were performed using Scapy to generate following packets :

    	IP proto set to vulnerable ones
    	TTL set to expire on target router
    	IP payload set to 26 "X"

    --
    http://www.netexit.com/~sid/
    PGP KeyID: 157E98EE FingerPrint: FA62226DA9E72FA8AECAA240008B480E157E98EE