[Full-Disclosure] DCOM RPC - DEVESTATING IN SCOPE

From: morning_wood (se_cur_ityat_private)
Date: Wed Jul 30 2003 - 01:15:30 PDT

     i think the severity of the RPC exploit cannot be diminished.. this is the
    worst remote root compromise i have ever seen and i am literlaly screaming
    at everyone i know to patch ASAP. the thought of media attention sonded
    plausable.. this should be on the nightly news for the next 2 days minumum.
    The ease and swiftness of the exploit makes it second to none in the
    potential damage.. as you point out..

    > Then I ran the win32 binary I compiled from from the c code posted to
    this list
    > against that list of ips.
    > I assumed that most XP boxes would be SP1.
    > I got 6 command prompts.
    > I then ran the same binary looking for Xp with Sp0.
    > I got 156 command prompts.

    i too have experienced these percentages in a block of ip addresses ..
    "shocked and awed"

    Donnie Werner
    http://e2-labs.com
    http://exploitlabs.com