Pdmin / Trojaned csrss.exe

From: Jason Alexander (listsat_private)
Date: Sat Aug 02 2003 - 14:55:21 PDT

    Hello all,

    Were seeing some machine compromised becasue of the RPC/DCOM issues where
    they didn't get patched in time.

    One thing we are finding is a program running on port 6651 that identifies
    itself as  pAdmin - by: pdi in a web browser.  This interface has a place
    for a password.

    The program is run by a troan csrss.exe in C:\winnt\system32\restore and
    is installed at the same time an FTP server is installed.  I did a strings
    on the csrss.exe but turned up nothing that worked as a password.  Can
    anyone tell me more about this program or what it might be.  Or the
    password.

    Our virus scanners don't seem to detect it but there is something called
    Backdoor.Padmin that is listed in Nortons Database.  But very little
    information is given.

    Thanks
    Jason Alexander