Re: Pdmin / Trojaned csrss.exe

From: Jason Alexander (listsat_private)
Date: Mon Aug 04 2003 - 13:43:43 PDT

    Matthew.Daltonat_private wrote:
    > One thing while investigating this that I have noticed is that in the directory c:\WINNT\system32\dhcp (even on XP systems with the system folder of c:\WINDOWS).  This directory is hidden, but contains quite a bit of the files that have been loaded.  Included in this is a config file: winexplorer.dll.  In this are some password hashes:
    >
    > LocalSetupPassword=45244E5D5D024857420D585F
    > User1=admin|1|0
    > SignOn=C:\WINNT\system32\dhcp\ntlmconf.dll
    > User2=curry|1|0
    > [USER=curry|1]
    > Password=qa0F1DD1B0149057FE700DFCC8330DAAEA
    > [USER=admin|1]
    > Password=4C2F4F4D540E5956435A15
    >

    > I'm not positive which hash functions (obviously something in Hex, MD4, salted MD5?) these are in, but it would be worth taking a look at.

    I think this is for the FTP server.  This kit has two parts.  One is an
    FTP server that I can only assumed is being used for distribution of
    warez and such.  The web interface is what is interesting to me.  Nessus
    seems to report this as an apache server. I would be neat to know
    what it can do.

    Jason