Re: Pdmin / Trojaned csrss.exe

From: Matthew.Daltonat_private
Date: Mon Aug 04 2003 - 13:39:12 PDT

    One thing while investigating this that I have noticed is that in the directory c:\WINNT\system32\dhcp (even on XP systems with the system folder of c:\WINDOWS).  This directory is hidden, but contains quite a bit of the files that have been loaded.  Included in this is a config file: winexplorer.dll.  In this are some password hashes:

    LocalSetupPassword=45244E5D5D024857420D585F
    User1=admin|1|0
    SignOn=C:\WINNT\system32\dhcp\ntlmconf.dll
    User2=curry|1|0
    [USER=curry|1]
    Password=qa0F1DD1B0149057FE700DFCC8330DAAEA
    [USER=admin|1]
    Password=4C2F4F4D540E5956435A15

    I'm not positive which hash functions (obviously something in Hex, MD4, salted MD5?) these are in, but it would be worth taking a look at.

    |Matthew Dalton                     |                                    |
    |ITS Security Group                 |Email: Matthew.Daltonat_private |
    |University of Rochester            |                                    |
    |Rochester, NY 14620                |                                    |