Backdoor.Trojan and payload.dat

From: Lee Seidman (lseidmanat_private)
Date: Wed Aug 06 2003 - 09:24:27 PDT

    Heyya, Jeff,

    Just discovered it on one of my customer's networked
    laptops (Windows 2000) as well.  I'll let you know if
    I happen to learn of a way to get rid of it (so far
    I've been somewhat unsuccessful on the network
    component).

    For the laptop itself, try following the procedures
    listed at:

    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/pf/w32.randex.d.html

    It seemed to clean out the laptop portion of the
    problem, but again, I cannot say definitively if it
    solves the situation as it keeps resurfacing on our
    network even after taking these steps on the local
    laptop.

    - Lee