Re: DCOM95 for Windows 95

From: Brian Eckman (eckmanat_private)
Date: Fri Aug 08 2003 - 12:28:54 PDT

    Marc Maiffret wrote:
     > The bugs with the scanner detecting 95/98 as vulnerable have been
    fixed in
     > version 1.0.4 of the free scanner.
     >
     > Signed,
     > Marc Maiffret

    <snip>

    Marc, et. al.,

    Are you sure DCOM for Windows 95/98 is not vulnerable? NT4 came out
    before this product, 2000/XP after it, and they all are vulnerable. I
    guess I am struggling with the idea of assuming that they got it right
    with these products...

    I've been meaning to mess around with DCOM for Windows 98, but haven't
    gotten there yet. Does anybody have any insight into whether or not they
    are vulnerable or not that they wish to share?

    Brian

    --
    Brian Eckman
    Security Analyst

    "There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who
    understand binary and those who don't."