RE: Tools for monitoring port scans / connection attmempts?

From: Stuart (secmailat_private)
Date: Wed Aug 13 2003 - 18:05:21 PDT

    www.snort.org

    I've just put that up after testing it for a while and I love it!
    There's also a windows port which is what I'm using. I used IDScenter
    to set it up. Has an easy gui which saves you the time to do config
    manually.
    There are also different logging options which can also use SQL if
    you have it running although I haven't got around to doing that yet.

    Hope this helps

    Stu