RE: Increasing ICMP Echo Requests

From: Bruce Martins (BMartinsat_private)
Date: Tue Aug 19 2003 - 12:43:29 PDT

    Well this virus doesn't spread through e-mail so whether or not having
    AV software on a mail server would not really matter in this case as it
    exploits the same vulnerability that the original MSBLAST worm did, then
    patches it, the real problem is that some people aren't heading the
    warnings and patching their machines when a patch is released for a very
    serious vulnerability like this one, same thing happened with the SQL
    slammer worm, people had more then enough time to test and apply this
    patch but didn't but hey just my 2 cents

    Bruce Martins
    Systems Administrator
    EXTEND>>MEDIA
    190 Liberty Street