Re: possible 0-day exploit for latest Real-/Helixserver 9.0.2.794

From: Brian Benitez (brianat_private)
Date: Tue Aug 19 2003 - 12:55:02 PDT

    Hi All,

    can anyone confirm if this exploit would work on a FreeBSD Helix
    server? We have been having unexplained spontaneous restarts
    for a while now, but as of August 17th they've been accompanied
    by the behavior of not writing the access log after the restart.

    We're running 9.0.2.794 on FreeBSD 4.8.

    We haven't found any obvious rootkit signs, but we're still looking
    into it. If anyone knows about any other symptomatic behavior
    related to this problem, I'd love to hear about it.

    ----------------------
    >>Captus Networks - Integrated Intrusion Prevention and
    >Traffic Shaping
    >> - Instantly Stop DoS/DDoS Attacks, Worms & Port Scans
    >> - Automatically Control P2P, IM and Spam Traffic
    >> - Ensure Reliable Performance of Mission Critical
    >Applications
    >> - Precisely Define and Implement Network Security and
    >Performance Policies
    >>**FREE Vulnerability Assessment Toolkit - WhitePapers
    >- Live Demo
    >>Visit us at:
    >>http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/
    CaptusNetworks_incidents_030814