RE: Unusual DNS and port 37 requests

From: Bojan Zdrnja (Bojan.Zdrnjaat_private)
Date: Tue Aug 19 2003 - 21:02:22 PDT

    Nice day or not, I've been fighting Sobig-F whole day :)

    Both requests that you've seen come from Sobig-F and I can see that traffic
    as well. This one spreads like hell, be sure to check your e-mail servers.

    Also, one precaution - I had to turn off all message notifications for
    recipiends as the worm makes huge amount of traffic.

    Regards,

    Bojan Zdrnja

    Captus Networks - Integrated Intrusion Prevention and Traffic Shaping
     - Instantly Stop DoS/DDoS Attacks, Worms & Port Scans
     - Automatically Control P2P, IM and Spam Traffic
     - Ensure Reliable Performance of Mission Critical Applications
     - Precisely Define and Implement Network Security and Performance Policies
    **FREE Vulnerability Assessment Toolkit - WhitePapers - Live Demo
    Visit us at:
    http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CaptusNetworks_incidents_030814