RE: Increasing ICMP Echo Requests

From: David Burt (uncue75at_private)
Date: Wed Aug 20 2003 - 06:02:07 PDT

    This is how it happened to us.  A user took their
    laptop home and either dialed up to an ISP or plugged
    their laptop into their cable modem.  We have
    ZoneAlarm on all of our laptops.  The user either
    closed it or answered yes to the question regarding
    connecting to port 135.  Once infected, the user came
    in the next day and turned the worm loose on our
    internal network.

    It sucks, but what can you do?