[Full-Disclosure] Anybody know what Sobig.F has downloaded?

From: Compton, Rich (RComptonat_private)
Date: Fri Aug 22 2003 - 13:33:17 PDT

    As many of you know, the latest Sobig.F virus was scheduled to begin
    downloading unknown code from various IPs at 3:00 EST today on UDP port
    8998.  Does anybody have any idea what this code is?  Are the infected boxes
    actually downloading code?  Does anybody have an infected Windoze box with
    Sobig that can see what code was downloaded?

    Here's a link to some info at Sophos in case you are unfamiliar with this.

    http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/articles/sobigextra.html

    Looking at the infection rates of this virus, I'd say that it's pretty
    important that we find out what this code is and what it does ASAP!

    Thanks,
    Rich Compton

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html