The prototype module (linux-privs)

From: Crispin Cowan (crispinat_private)
Date: Tue Apr 10 2001 - 18:51:22 PDT

    Andrew Morgan wrote:

    > I read in your announcement that, as agreed at the kernel summit, the
    > linux-privs work is to become the prototype module. Since I wasn't
    > there, is there a write-up or pointer to the relevant discussion? I'd
    > appreciate some sort of overview of how folk think we can get from here
    > to there.

    There's been discussion on a private mailing list about this.  That the
    discussion was OT for that list is part of what spurred me to start this
    one.  One of them is a long piece by Linus.

    I'm going to let the announcement bake for a day or so, and then post the
    tech. details when more people will see them, i.e. after the announcement
    appears on Bugtraq, and the east coast and Europe have some day-time hours
    to read it.

    Crispin Cowan, Ph.D.