intercepting system calls

From: David Wagner (dawat_private)
Date: Thu Apr 12 2001 - 19:12:50 PDT

    Seth Arnold  wrote:
    >What would happen to the security_state field in the task_struct for
    >processes already running before the module is loaded? Would the module,
    >during load, iterate through all processes and update their security
    >pointers? Would the module, during unload (is unloading something we
    >really want to support? :), iterate through all processes and return the
    >security handler information a null or default state?

    I would propose to let this be module specific.

    If the module wants to know about pre-existing processes,
    let the module do this iteration when it is initialized and
    attach to process it cares about.  If it doesn't need to know
    about pre-existing processes, it can omit this step.

    Is there any reason this is not sufficient?