intercepting system calls

From: Seth Arnold (sarnoldat_private)
Date: Thu Apr 12 2001 - 20:11:13 PDT

    * David Wagner <dawat_private> [010412 19:26]:
    > Seth Arnold  wrote:
    > > [existing processes, load and unload questions]
    >
    > I would propose to let this be module specific.
    > [...]
    > Is there any reason this is not sufficient?

    Well, while it is the easiest solution, and quite probably the best
    approach, I think the interactions between several security modules
    should take place in one of several well-defined methods.

    Would it be at all useful to define possible interactions between the
    modules and allow loading the modules iff there are no conflicts in
    their handling of load/unload per-process setups? Or should this sort of
    conflict be left entirely to the documentation and users?

    --
    Earthlink: The #1 provider of unsolicited bulk email to the Internet.