Re: Extending a Security Module

From: Greg KH (gregat_private)
Date: Tue May 22 2001 - 11:59:02 PDT

    On Tue, May 22, 2001 at 03:18:58PM -0400, jmjonesat_private wrote:

    > Another evil thought...
    >
    > What's to keep me from just building a module that
    > unregisters addresses sequentially until i hit a match
    > for unregister_security() other than some pretty log
    > messages.  If it passes down the chain, the module knows
    > when it's tried.

    Nothing is stopping this.  You are operating in kernel space at that
    moment, you can do whatever you want.  The linux-security-module
    framework does not add security within the kernel itself from itself,
    only allows you to change the default (capabilities) security model.

    So sure, write a fun kernel module that strips all security from the
    kernel.  Nothing is stopping this :)

    greg k-h