Re: execve

From: Stephen Smalley (sdsat_private)
Date: Tue May 29 2001 - 07:07:43 PDT

    In addition to the inode permission hook and the task set_label hook
    (as mentioned by Chris Wright and Serge Hallyn, respectively), you
    can use the binprm alloc_security and compute_creds hooks
    to perform security processing during an execve.  Examples of using the
    binprm hooks can be found in the capability security module
    (See cap_bprm_alloc_security and cap_bprm_compute_creds in
    kernel/capability_plug.c) and in the SELinux security module.

    --
    Stephen D. Smalley, NAI Labs
    ssmalleyat_private