Re: sys_setpriority error

From: Titus D. Winters (titusat_private)
Date: Thu May 31 2001 - 11:33:44 PDT

    > What's wrong with making capability_plug THE dummy module?  It could be
    > replaced upon module registration, and it would *install* the kernel into
    > the same state as if the LSM patch was not applied.  Then the problem
    > would be in one code, and verification that "with dummy installed it's
    > exactly the same as the WITHOUT LSM module" would be possible.

    Yeah, I like that idea.  And to make the embedded folk happy, make it a
    compile option as to whether the default is capabilities or return-0
    dummies.  It certainly _is_ more work for those that are writing modules,
    but if we get stackability working nicely and elegantly then it shouldn't
    be too bad, and it'll be far more robust.

    -Titus