Re: permissive vs. restrictive issue and solutions...

From: richardj_mooreat_private
Date: Mon Jun 04 2001 - 07:54:20 PDT

    FWIW, the need for hooks in the kernel goes beyond security concerns. I'm
    following this thread with much interest as I have a need for hooks to
    implement serviceability function for the enterprise customer space. In
    formulating your requirements you might also consider whether there's a
    wider need and therefore support for what your doing. If in then end the
    argument for hooks is won, particulary in the form that I believe #2
    advocates, then it would be a pity if we end up with multiple
    implementations for different purposes or worse still have to rework hook
    functions for a new standard. And BTW this is a vote for #2.

    Richard J. Moore
    IBM Linux Technology Centre