Re: Some New Hooks

From: Chris Wright (chrisat_private)
Date: Tue Jun 05 2001 - 16:26:28 PDT

    * Chris Vance (cvanceat_private) wrote:

    > By way of introduction, I am at NAI Labs working on SELinux.
    >
    > Attached is a patch against the current LSM patched 2.4.5 kernel,
    > dated May 30, 2001 (selinux-lsm-patch). I have also attached the
    > SELinux implementation for these new hooks (hooks.c), to help explain
    > why they are necessary.
    >
    > I realize that we have not reached a consensus on what a consistent
    > hook interface should look like, but in the meantime I would like to
    > continue moving foward by identifying locations where hooks are
    > necessary.

    Thanks Chris.  I'll work on applying the patch.  BTW, I know you weren't
    necessarily looking for feedback on your module.  But some quick
    observations...

    The init funcition can leave your sys_calls registered even if the
    register_security call fails.  Is that intentional?  Simlarly, the exit
    function sets the sys_calls to NULL.  Shouldn't they be sys_ni_syscall
    instead?