Re: Another hook

From: Titus D. Winters (titusat_private)
Date: Thu Jun 14 2001 - 16:15:18 PDT

    Why not?  If someone finds a way to defeat a module, doesn't it help if
    they can't be sure the module is what is actually running in the first
    place?  And if the blackhats already are doing it (which I'll look into,
    in case this proposal is torpedoed) then we aren't really providing any
    extra power to the bad guys.

    BTW: Is there a way other than the one mentioned in Phrack so long ago?  I
    can see perhaps by changing the inode_ops on /proc/modules to hijack it,
    but haven't seen that idea mentioned or tested it myself.  If it's easy
    like then, then no biggie.  If it is only done through tweaking registers,
    that's a mess.

    -Titus