Re: My patch

From: Chris Wright (chrisat_private)
Date: Thu Jun 21 2001 - 09:45:35 PDT

    * Titus D. Winters (titusat_private) wrote:
    > Here is a patch against the current posted patch that contains the minimum
    > changes needed for the project Chris and I are working on.  The changes
    > are generally filesystem related to check the hooks before finding out the
    > feasability of performing a filesystem operation, and return error values
    > as specified from the hook.

    Titus, I'd like to hold off on this patch as it stands.  Often our hook
    placement is after the DAC logic precisely so that the security module
    knows that the DAC logic has already been satisfied, that way it doesn't
    need to repeat those checks.  Casey and crew from SGI are putting together
    a proposal for auditing hooks.  I'd like to see how their hooks may
    satifisfy your needs.  If not, we can look at other alternatives (like
    Wagner proposed).