Re: pathnames

From: Serge E. Hallyn (hallynat_private)
Date: Mon Jul 02 2001 - 13:45:55 PDT

    > Furthermore, it would be interesting to see if we could push
    > some of the other attach_pathlabel hook calls down to lower-level
    > lookup hook calls (patterned after the i_op->lookup routine
    > and called after successful calls to that routine), again
    > with DTE being able to assign types merely based on the parent
    > directory's inode security object and the relative name of
    > the newly looked up entry.

    Not sure if I understand you correctly here, but if all i have is the
    inode and relative pathname (ie, inode for "/var/spool/mail", and
    name "hallyn"), that is obviously insufficient, since that prevents
    me assigning the same typename at points in otherwise distinct fs
    subtrees.  For instance, for whatever reason, I might have /var/spool/mail
    and /usr/spool/mail as actually different directories, same security label,
    but want to assign a different security label to "hallyn" under each.

    -serge