Re: attach_pathlabel

From: Greg KH (gregat_private)
Date: Tue Jul 03 2001 - 13:49:05 PDT

    On Tue, Jul 03, 2001 at 09:30:30AM -0400, Stephen Smalley wrote:
    > Speaking of which,
    > what happened to the add_vfsmnt hook call?  It seems to have
    > vanished in the 2.4.6-pre3 version.

    add_vfsmnt() is only called when the root partition is being mounted
    during mount_init().  Because of this I think we can just drop the
    add_vfsmnt() security call.

    Anyone object to this?

    And yes, the vfs went through some radical changes in 2.4.6-preX.
    That's why I pushed to do the merge sooner.  The security hooks there
    need to be revisited by people who care about these things :)

    thanks,

    greg k-h