Re: replacements for attach_pathlabel

From: Serge E. Hallyn (hallynat_private)
Date: Tue Jul 10 2001 - 10:07:43 PDT

    Terribly sorry, apparently I was too early.

    I intend to use the post_graft call to initialize the security label
    on the root inode of the device.  I was thinking do_loopback was still
    used for loopback devices (silly me), which is why the post_graft is
    in there.  But do_add_mount is actually used for loopback devices, and
    do_loopback is only used for bind mounts.  This means the 'root' inode
    of the new mount is already assigned a security label, as I mentioned
    earlier.

    So as far as I'm concerned, we could remove the post_graft call from
    do_loopback, and rename the other to something else, perhaps
    simply add_mount or label_root_inode.

    But maybe someone else would want to use the post_graft calls, even
    for bind mounts, to do something with the new vfsmount.  In this case,
    as David Wagner suggested, the post_graft should probably be moved to
    the end of the post_graft call.  If noone speaks up saying they want
    this, then I'll ask Greg or Chris or whoever to get rid of the call in
    do_loopback.

    thanks,
    -serge