Re: Making forward progress

From: jmjonesat_private
Date: Fri Aug 03 2001 - 17:40:12 PDT

    On Fri, 3 Aug 2001, Crispin Cowan wrote:

    > Devdas Bhagat wrote:
    >
    > > On Fri, 03 Aug 2001, Valdis.Kletnieksat_private spewed into the ether:  >
    > > <snip>
    >
    > > By *my* reading, Linus is at least open to moving it *all*
    > > off to authoritative hooks.
    > >
    > > Why not just ask him to clarify?
    > > Instead of trying to read Linus' mind, ask him.
    > > Wouldn't that be easier, one clarification once and for all?
    >
    > Ted Ts'o agreed to be the gateway dude for LSM.  I've sent him a query
    > asking about the "move all DAC logic to a module" question.  But I only
    > did it an hour ago, so I don't know how long before we get a response.
    >
    > Crispin
    >
    > --
    > Crispin Cowan, Ph.D.
    > Chief Scientist, WireX Communications, Inc. http://wirex.com
    > Security Hardened Linux Distribution:       http://immunix.org
    > Available for purchase: http://wirex.com/Products/Immunix/purchase.html

    Very wise, although Ted isn't Linus... the opinion will carry significant
    weight. I eagerly anticipate the response, and fully believe your means of
    posing the question was correct.

    To facilitate a consensus, would you please be sure that both the question
    and the answer is posted to the list?  I'd like to see this ended soon,
    since every day we delay potentially makes going back harder.

    Sincerely,
    J. Melvin Jones