Re: Making forward progress

From: Crispin Cowan (crispinat_private)
Date: Mon Aug 06 2001 - 11:01:27 PDT

    richard offer wrote:

    > * frm crispinat_private "08/06/01 10:43:46 -0700" | sed '1,$s/^/* /'
    > * I think Richard Offer had it right when he suggested thinking about
    > * DAC-out for Linux 3.0.
    >
    > I was being facetious.

    Oh :-(

    > I still believe its the right thing to do now, that doesn't mean I think it
    > will be done.

    I think it would be the right thing to do if this were Linux 0.6, and we were
    designing the security implementation for a new kernel.  I agree that it is
    the right design.  My main objection is that it is not the design used for
    Linux, and an attempt to impose this design on the existing code will succeed
    about as well as an organ transplant to a human from a turnip.

    But if you step out to the 3.0 time frame, and start lobbying for it in the
    main linux kernel community shortly after LSM has been accepted and is a great
    success :-) then it might have a chance of finding an audience.

    Crispin Cowan, Ph.D.