Re: Port of secure fd handling to LSM

From: Greg KH (gregat_private)
Date: Tue Aug 07 2001 - 08:33:52 PDT

    On Mon, Aug 06, 2001 at 08:53:28PM -0500, Jesse Pollard wrote:
    > How about:
    > 	/usr/src/linux/lsm		base directory
    > 	/usr/src/linux/lsm/<module>	specific security implementation

    Hm, I ment in the kernel source tree, not the whole absolute tree.
    'lsm' might be ok for the root directory, but there is already a
    'security' directory that we have created.  That describes what is going
    on much better (the 'l' in 'lsm' is redundant within the kernel tree).

    > For those modules that use external configuration files, the configuration files
    > could be:
    > 	/lib/modules/<linux version>/lsm/<module>.o	The module load image
    > 	/lib/modules/<linux version>/lsm/<module>.config	the config file
    >
    > Though this would be optional - a config parser/loader program could relocate
    > the config file anywhere it wanted.

    Configuration files don't belong in the /lib/modules/... tree, check the
    LSB document.  That's what /etc (and possibly /var, haven't read the
    latest spec) is for.

    thanks,

    greg k-h