Re: Port of secure fd handling to LSM

From: Jesse Pollard (jesse@cats-chateau.net)
Date: Mon Aug 06 2001 - 18:53:28 PDT

    On Mon, 06 Aug 2001, Greg KH wrote:
    >On Mon, Aug 06, 2001 at 05:50:51PM -0700, richard offer wrote:
    >> OffTopic:
    >>     Should we create a new de-facto standard directory for policies to be
    >> located in the kernel tree ? It would make it easier if we all had a single
    >> location for them...
    >
    >Good idea.  Anyone have a name that they like?

    How about:
    	/usr/src/linux/lsm		base directory
    	/usr/src/linux/lsm/<module>	specific security implementation

    This could be expanded to:
    	/usr/src/linux/lsm/<module>/<files>
    where files are the multiple files that compose the module.

    For those modules that use external configuration files, the configuration files
    could be:
    	/lib/modules/<linux version>/lsm/<module>.o	The module load image
    	/lib/modules/<linux version>/lsm/<module>.config	the config file

    Though this would be optional - a config parser/loader program could relocate
    the config file anywhere it wanted.