Re: minor patch to sched.h

From: Greg KH (gregat_private)
Date: Tue Sep 04 2001 - 10:32:50 PDT

    On Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 09:32:57AM -0700, richard offer wrote:

    > Just a small patch to ensure (and make it very clear from a
    > self-documentation pov) that we have a NULL security blob for the first
    > task.

    I don't think this is necessary.  Static variables (like the
    init_task_union) are initialized to 0 by the kernel on startup.  So I
    don't think we need to explicitly set this (if you notice, not all
    fields are set now in the INIT_TASK() macro due to this.)

    Unless the attribute (__section__(".data.init_task")) changes this,
    anyone know about that?

    And your patch was mangled by your mailer :)

    thanks,

    greg k-h