Re: quotactl hook

From: Seth Arnold (sarnoldat_private)
Date: Tue Sep 04 2001 - 11:01:53 PDT

    On Sat, Sep 01, 2001 at 06:46:36PM -0400, jmjonesat_private wrote:
    > 1) authoritative hooks: YES, NO, CONDITIONAL (how?)

    It is my understanding that we are waiting on SGI to produce a patch
    that Works For Them, then the rest of us will beat on the patch. I tried
    goading SGI into saying whether or not they wanted, really wanted, or
    absolutely needed, an authoritative-hooks patch. :) I think Richard said
    something that would fall between really wanted and absolutely needed.

    We await a patch. :)

    > 2) DAC bypass (as an option), YES, NO, CONDITIONAL (how?)

    Allow me to remind everyone of the capable() hook. Go nuts. :)