Re: quotactl hook

From: Casey Schaufler (caseyat_private)
Date: Wed Sep 05 2001 - 09:35:31 PDT

    Lachlan McIlroy wrote:

    > Well here it is... it's an updated version of Stephen
    > Smalley's repost (thanks for the patch Stephen).  The
    > patch doesn't fix all our problems but it does improve
    > our situation considerably as it will continue to make
    > LSM an option for us.  We would, of course, like the
    > entire patch to be committed but we aren't expecting that
    > to happen.  Most of the changes are independent of each
    > other so it is not necessary to have the entire patch
    > committed (at least not at once :-)).  Some changes, like
    > to fs/namei.c:permission(), are both simple and critical
    > to our needs so please don't reject these changes because
    > of other more intrusive ones.

    This is a key component of our position, and I encourage
    all to consider it. Richard endorsed Stephen's original
    patch when it came out on August 22, but there was little
    activity then. Lachlan has updated it, but not made any
    major changes. We can work individual issues, and are
    certainly willing to back off on especially contentious
    details. Thanks all.

    --

    Casey Schaufler				Manager, Trust Technology, SGI
    caseyat_private				voice: 650.933.1634