Re: get_write_access hook

From: Stephen Smalley (sdsat_private)
Date: Tue Oct 02 2001 - 09:47:06 PDT

    On Tue, 2 Oct 2001, Crispin Cowan wrote:

    > With that out of the way, hopefully we can return to evaluating whether
    > the community buys our AC justification for Seth's requested hook.

    Are you sure that you can't achieve the same end via a combination of the
    existing inode_security_ops permission and setattr and file_security_ops
    permission hooks?

    And if you are sure that you need a hook in get_write_access, don't you
    think it would be a good idea to also have a hook in put_write_access, as
    suggested by Greg?

    --
    Stephen D. Smalley, NAI Labs
    ssmalleyat_private