[RFC] 2.4.11-pre4 patch

From: Greg KH (gregat_private)
Date: Fri Oct 05 2001 - 14:47:06 PDT

    Hi all,

    The 2.4.11-pre series has moved some things around in the vfs code,
    trying to clean up the location of a number of different functions into
    logical files.  Because of this a "simple" merge of the current LSM
    patch isn't so simple.  I've done my best and placed the changesets at:
    	http://lsm.immunix.org/~greg/lsm-2.4.11-pre4.changeset.gz

    I'd like to merge these changes to the tree, to make the rest of the
    2.4.11-pre merge easier as development progresses.  Also, since LSM work
    has kinda slowed down, I didn't think this would disrupt any other
    people (except Chris, it doesn't look like you have added your patch
    yet, you might want to do that before this merge.)

    Could people look over this changeset (you can import it into your tree
    with the 'bk receive' command) and let me know if you find any problems
    with it, or if you think it is ok.

    Someone has pointed out that in 2.4.11-pre1, a "reserved for security
    syscall" tag was placed on the syscall entry that we are currently
    using.  Linus has been nice enough to reserve this number for us for
    now, so that any SELinux users will not go through great pains in the
    future, it doesn't imply acceptance of the LSM patch at all :)

    thanks,

    greg k-h