Example security modules

From: Greg KH (gregat_private)
Date: Fri Oct 12 2001 - 13:43:47 PDT

    Hi,

    I was wondering if there were any projects out there that have ported
    their code to use the current LSM interface, that would want to have
    their module included in the LSM patch.  I was thinking that they could
    live in different subdirectories in the security directory.

    I think that having examples of projects using the LSM interface (much
    like SELinux currently does) in the patch/tree enhances our ability to
    prove that the LSM patch is useful to the rest of the kernel development
    group.

    Any small simple modules, only doing 1 thing (much like the example
    module posted to the list a while ago by SGI) would also be good to
    have.

    One advantage of having your module in the tree is that if the interface
    changes, the developer changing the interface should also change your
    module to fix any breakage there.

    The one requirement is that the code has to be released under the GPL
    (dual licenses are fine), much like any other code that lives in the
    kernel source tree.

    thanks,

    greg k-h