checking superblock

From: Serge E. Hallyn (hallynat_private)
Date: Fri Oct 19 2001 - 12:03:52 PDT

    As the lsm code stands, we cannot use (as far as I can tell) the
    device major and minor numbers to decide whether to permit/deny
    mounting.  At the sb_ops->mount() check, we only have the device
    name, which may be misleading.  How would people feel about adding
    a hook in fs/namespace.c:657:

    if (security_ops->sb_ops->check_sb(mnt->mnt_sb, nd))
    	goto unlock;

    ?

    I ask before submitting a patch because I get the feeling people
    see lsm as being pretty set in stone...

    -serge