Re: About more document,example

From: Stephen Smalley (sdsat_private)
Date: Thu Oct 25 2001 - 05:37:43 PDT

    On Thu, 25 Oct 2001, iloveunix wrote:

    > Recently I tried lsm wirex.com's linux-security-module,I found based on
    > lsm to write security enhancement to linux is a good start,But besides
    > play with file access control,signal,capability using lsm, It seems that
    > there are more can do with lsm because there are so many hook in the
    > kernel,I only use not above 10%,I think understanding what
    > else hook's security function is very important thing to understand
    > linux security issue, It seems there is few security project based on
    > lsm except selinux.Is there more general example (especial document)show our newbies how to user lsm ,what is the meaning of every hook.I
    > am eager to every hook's importance.Who can point to such link?Thank
    > you in advance.

    First, there is a brief overview document about LSM in
    Documentation/DocBook (do a 'make psdocs' or 'make pdfdocs' and then look
    at lsm.ps or lsm.pdf in this subdirectory).  Second, there is specific
    inline documentation for each hook in include/linux/security.h.  Of
    course, you can learn a lot simply by examining the SELinux security
    module sources, which you can download from http://www.nsa.gov/selinux.
    Also, we are currently in the process of writing documentation for the
    SELinux security module, so when that is ready, it may be helpful.

    --
    Stephen D. Smalley, NAI Labs
    ssmalleyat_private