2.4.13 LSM lmbench test results

From: Greg KH (gregat_private)
Date: Mon Oct 29 2001 - 16:27:19 PST

    Hi,

    I've just run a few tests of the 2.4.13 lsm patch that was released
    using the OSDL machines <http://www.osdl.org/> and the lmbench test.

    The results can be seen here:

    Clean 2.4.13:
    	http://fire.osdl.org/stp/results/148/

    2.4.13-lsm
    	# CONFIG_CAPABILITIES is not set
    	# CONFIG_LSM_IP is not set
    	http://fire.osdl.org/stp/results/150/

    2.4.13-lsm
    	CONFIG_CAPABILITIES=y
    	# CONFIG_LSM_IP is not set
    	http://fire.osdl.org/stp/results/153/

    These were all on the 4-way machines, the 2-way ones had a longer test
    queue :)

    I need to figure some way to graph these things to make it easier to see
    what is going on.  I'll also be running some other tests (bonnie,
    dbench++, etc) that they provide to see the impact of the current lsm
    patch.

    One of the nice things about the OSDL tests, is that anyone can run
    tests on the hardware, keeping a nice baseline.

    thanks,

    greg k-h