Openwall RLIMITS_NPROC patch as an LSM

From: Emily Ratliff (ratliffat_private)
Date: Mon Oct 29 2001 - 16:49:49 PST

    Hi,

    Here is the Openwall RLIMITS_NPROC patch which adds enforcement of the
    process limit check on execve as a LSM. This module does not stack, even
    with the capabilities module. I've been talking to Greg K-H offline and
    that is the way that he wants it. (He also asked for each logical unit of
    the Openwall patch to be a separate module.) I plan to make it stack with
    capabilities and the rest of the Openwall modules when they are completed.
    This one if fairly trivial - there are 4 lines of Openwall code buried in
    there somewhere. I am also including my test program. It forks up to the
    limit and then execs a process. I think that the exec should fail with
    nproc_plug loaded, but it doesn't. If I run the test program twice, the
    second exec does fail. This tells me that the nproc_plug is functional. If
    you are bored, I would be interested to hear where my code or my logic is
    failing.

    The rest of the Openwall modules will be forthcoming, probably all
    together. Just wanted to get this one out today, since it was done, in
    celebration of having received permission to contribute.

    Emily

    --
    Emily Ratliff
    IBM Linux Technology Center, Security