Re: [Linux-security-module-commit] lsm tree change 1.243

From: James Morris (jmorrisat_private)
Date: Wed Oct 31 2001 - 15:13:33 PST

    On Thu, 1 Nov 2001, James Morris wrote:

    > I'll add something for the IP config option.

    Actually, it will be something pretty minimal at this stage, as this
    option may change or even disappear eventually.

    This option only exists separately at the moment as it depends on another
    optional component of the kernel (Netfilter).

    Ideally, it should also only be available as a monolithic option, but this
    means adding another hook to the main kernel code after the netfilter core
    code has been initialized.

    I'd prefer to wait for feedback from the main kernel developers when LSM
    is proposed before trying to address these issues, in case any major
    changes are required in this area.

    - James
    --
    James Morris