Re: netlink_send for dummy.c

From: Stephen Smalley (sdsat_private)
Date: Thu Nov 01 2001 - 06:47:22 PST

    On Thu, 1 Nov 2001, Stephen Smalley wrote:

    > I don't think it is a good idea to overload eff_cap in this way.  Also,
    > does this even compile if you define STRICT_CAP_T_TYPECHECKS in
    > include/linux/capability.h?  I'd suggest leaving it alone.

    Actually, I see that the existing code would also break if this were
    defined, but so would core kernel code, so maybe STRICT_CAP_T_TYPECHECKS
    doesn't matter.  Nonetheless, it seems dangerous to start using eff_cap to
    store uids.  It also creates greater likelihood of bad interactions among
    stacked modules.

    --
    Stephen D. Smalley, NAI Labs
    ssmalleyat_private