Re: Authoritative Hooks

From: Greg KH (gregat_private)
Date: Mon Nov 05 2001 - 21:14:26 PST

    On Mon, Nov 05, 2001 at 06:52:34PM -0800, richard offer wrote:
    > I can just see the headlines
    >
    >     "IBM doesn't care about its customers"

    Excuse me, but where do you see IBM in my email address?  Or in _any_
    posting I have made to this list?

    IBM does not sponsor, promote, or pay me to do _any_ LSM work.  No one
    does.  This is all volunteer work for me.

    Now it is true that IBM does pay for me to do other kernel work, but
    that area is _nowhere near_ the LSM stuff.  If anyone is curious, see
    the directory drivers/hotplug in the -ac tree for that work.

    So in short, I was not speaking for IBM, I do not speak for IBM, and I
    never have even mentioned IBM.  I was speaking for myself, as a Linux
    programmer, on my own.  I don't understand where you got the idea
    otherwise.

    thanks,

    greg k-h